If you have a positive pregnancy test, you have three choices to consider. Each choice has difficult issues to work through. You deserve to have as much information as possible before you decide.
Outer Banks CPC does NOT perform nor refer for abortions. However, we do provide information on abortion procedures and the potential risks involved.
If youíre thinking about finding an abortion clinic, remember, abortion is a medical procedure. What type will you have? What are the risks? Make an informed decision!
- Is the father insisting on an abortion?
- Youíre not ready to be a parent?
- You canít tell anyone youíre pregnant?
We know how you feel. You are NOT alone. Many of our staff have been where you are. If youíre seriously considering abortion you need to know:
- More than 30% of pregnancies end in miscarriage
- Am I really pregnant?
- Is my pregnancy a viable pregnancy?
- How far along am I?
You might also want to know:
- What type of abortions are there and what is available to me?
- What are my rights with abortion providers?
- What are the short-term and long-term risks involved, if any?
We are here to help you understand your pregnancy and discuss your options.
Our center does not facilitate adoptions or operate as an adoption agency. We DO offer referrals to adoption agencies and answer any questions you may have.
You have lots of choices with adoption. Will it be open or closed? Will it be private or will you use an agency? There are lots of things to consider if you:
- Arenít ready to be a parent but donít want an abortion
- Want to provide your child with a mom and a dad
- Want to provide your child emotional and financial stability
We can help you understand your options with adoption.
You may have way more questions than answers about this one! Does the thought of becoming a parent seem crazy to you at this time in your life? Maybe you are concerned about things like this:
- Your husband or boyfriend doesnít want the baby but you doÖ Or, (for men) your girlfriend or wife doesnít want the baby but you do
- You canít possibly tell your family
- How will I ever finish school?
- How will I keep working?
- Where am I going to live?
- I donít have any insurance
- I donít have any money; I canít afford a baby
- Iím too young
Our center is here to support as you prepare for the birth of your baby. We offer material services (diapers, clothes, and other baby items), ongoing moral support, and referrals to other social service agencies, doctors and churches.
Your situation is unique. Our staff will listen to your concerns and provide you with accurate, current information to help you make an informed decision regarding your pregnancy. Call usÖ we are here for you.